Why does Solarlux choose aluminium?
- It’s infinitely recyclable - aluminium products can be smelted down and reused. Approximately 75% of all aluminium ever made into a product is still circulating today.
- It’s one of the world’s most abundant metal – so putting this fact together with its recycling potential makes it a very sustainable material.
- It’s ductile but strong, non-magnetic and does not spark – perfect for fabricating products.
- It’s lightweight – it weighs almost one-third less than steel which makes it a great material for fabrication, transportation and installation.
- Low maintenance – aluminium reacts with oxygen in the air which forms a protective oxide coating and makes it highly resistant to corrosion. For coastal installations, an additional special coating can applied for extra protection.
- It does not rust - iron causes rust in metals, aluminium does not contain iron (like steel does) which means it is an excellent material for outdoor applications to withstand rain, snow and humidity.
We also apply environmental awareness to our aluminium production – Solarlux is certified in accordance with the German A.U.F. Recycling Loop, which has confirmed that our aluminium is recycled in an environmentally conscious manner that saves on resources.
As aluminium is a material that is especially well-suited to creating distinctive surface finishes, all of Solarlux’s aluminium systems are available in any colour including special DB, RAL and Eloxal colours, as well as special surface finishes (i.e. Tiger), for anyone looking to give their project a unique twist. We also offer coatings for special climate requirements such as coastal properties.